Stories

So, I tried to open a Twitter account and come to find out, there is already an account using my e-mail address. I was going to rant and rave now about how difficult it was to resolve the issue, however, my daughter solved the problem so I guess I will save the rant for some other subject. I’m @BarbaraKTyner if you would like to follow me, and if you’re an avid reader and like to pass on suggestions for good books to read, I’ll follow you right back. Be patient – remember, I’m just learning.

Today is my father’s birthday. I’ve been thinking of you a lot these past few days, Daddy. Wish we could ride up the knoll in the pasture today and look out over the cows. That’s my best memory of time spent with you. Of course, there was the time we hunted petrified wood, and arrowheads, and fossil fish, but I was never very successful at those endeavors. I was better with cows. How I would love to hear you tell me a story over a campfire at the Riverbottom. Such good times!

I managed to figure out a solution, on my own, for the storm door. At least, 90% of the time now, it latches. I’ll just have to be ever vigilant the other 10% and make sure it is closed. Probably, if I give it a little extra fine-tuning, I’ll get over that last hump. Maybe. I took a break from writing and went out in the yard to cut down the tall ornamental grass that gives the back yard some winter interest. Man, it was so hot, after an hour I was ready to take a break from that and go back inside to write again! Come to think of it, I guess that was the point. I also got in my first tennis match of the season. Shorts in February!

and so it goes…img_1213

Advertisements

About Barbara K Tyner

A graduate of UCCS with a degree in English Lit., Barbara writes Children's Literature and fiction. Her popular children's series, The Badger Books, is co-authored with Barbara's daughter, Laura. Her first novel, "Wait Here, Wait There" deals with grief and Alzheimer's, two topics that are very difficult to manage in real life. Barbara volunteers doing school programs and speaking to support groups. National Parks, hiking, and snow-shoeing are in her list of favorite hobbies.
This entry was posted in Inspiration and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s