I got a work out in the backyard putting together the rubber edging I’m using to separate the lawn from the new flower beds, or what will be flower beds after I get all the grass dug out of them. I put all my muscle power into connecting them, (that means a lot of grunting and groaning) and despite the noise, I was not making much progress. Remembering back to when I connected miles of rubber drip line for windbreaks and our tree farm, I went in and got some liquid soap to lubricate the connectors.
What do you know? Some of the holes were well drilled and some were not. Back to the garage and out came the drill. Victory! Well drilled holes took the soap, in popped the connectors, and I finished the bed in five minutes. Of course, I was exhausted from the hour and a half I’d already spent grunting and groaning, so that did it for a while. Shovel work can wait.
I have some writing contest deadlines coming up, and I have to say, having a critique group to submit materials to, means I have been pouring through my manuscripts. Lots done and lots to do. Always a good thing. It keeps me from watching politics and going crazy in general.
A bunny finally ventured into the trap, enticed by the marshmallows I put in for bait. Regular bunny food didn’t seem to attract anything. My granddaughter and I relocated BB to a wonderful new home in the country with an unlimited food supply and friends. I’m hoping we also catch the sibling, but that remains to be seen. I’m not too optimistic. I haven’t done anything about fencing on the third of my yard that isn’t bunny proof either. Now that I’ve actually caught one, I might have to get in gear. That could be a project for later in the fall, after my national park trip. It’s coming up soon. There is always something!
and so it goes…