I wrote half a blog about disrespectful ranting on the Internet, but of course, I was ranting so when I was finished, I hit the delete button and started over. Felt good to get that off my chest though.
I got several items clicked off my list of to-do’s in the past couple of days. The list is endless, so it’s a good think checking them off makes me feel good. I’ll never run out of feel good opportunities because of this list.
One of the things I tackled was turning my trash can drawer into one in which the entire unit is attached to the cabinet door and pulls out when you pull the handle. The pull-out runners were already there, so I bought the attachment kit and thought problem solved. Hahaha.
What I didn’t realize is that my old unit didn’t have the pre-drilled holes in the metal runners. I got the box opened, the cabinet door off it’s hinges and all appropriate tools gathered before I realized the problem. Leaving it all there on the floor, I went out to eat.
The next day, I borrowed a metal punch from a neighbor, who told me my drill bits will drill through metal. Good to know. Not wanting to remove the unit from the cabinet, I marked the holes, made punch divots to hold the drill bit, and proceeded to drill. You need three hands for this, and since I don’t have three, I now have an interesting bruise on the inside of my ankle, but whatever, it worked.
It was exhausting, especially the upside down backwards one, but I got all four drilled by the third day. The rest of the job went according to the instructions. Then I realized the original unit was not centered, so I had to take it out after all, after the holes were drilled, center it, and put it all back in.
The twenty minute installation estimation can take a flying leap through space. It takes that long to read the instructions, that long again to gather the tools, and again to clean up afterward. I have no idea how long the actual construction took, but it works.
And so it goes…